Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

PPA

are we still supposed to have PPA? i have been told i can't have PPA twice this term and don't want to question it if it no longer has to be given - new head teacher so i don't want to rock the boat but will question it if i should be getting it if you get me!! thanks x x

Hi, PPA should still be for 10% of your teaching time- not sure if this is or could be affected by school becoming academies - will check with my husband tonight!

But it doesn't sound right x

From ATL website:

Who does it apply to?

The statutory entitlement to PPA applies to all teachers who come within the remit of the School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD). This includes teachers in the following schools: community, community special, foundation, trust, voluntary-aided and PRUs, as well as LEA centrally-employed staff.

Members in independent schools and academies will be entitled to PPA if their contracts of employment entitle them to the pay and working conditions of the STPCD.

no we are not an academy. really hard as other staff seem to accept not having it so it makes me look bad if i ask for mine. new head and deputy may be taking advantage of this?

Yes, I have PPA too (plus management time) - you could approach your union? You are entitled to it.

will say something if it happens again, then union next step ......

thanks so much everyone x

It is a legal responsibility of the HT to ensure PPA (unless conditions of employment don't as above) as 10% of your contact time. this doesn't have to be weekly but must = 10%. Some staff I know have a day every fortnight for example. FTE is usually about half a day. I'd talk to union anyway, then they can advise re what to do IF it becomes an issue. They don't have to do anything but it can help to record your concern.

Cx

Edited by catma

Guest tinkerbell

I would bring it up at the next staff meeting .Could you just raise the question 'Is PPA the same this term?'. Then it will be hopefully answered for all staff.If it isn't 10% of teaching time then do get union advice .Keep a record of when you have missed it.....was it because of Christmas events? I do think schools expect 'goodwill' on these occasions and all staff to rally round.(I am not saying its right )

it was last day of term and reason given was so ta's could take down the christmas tree - 4 of them needed to do it apparantly - it's 6 foot tall............... i often stay in anyway, but i want to be able to choose. will definately seek advice, as you say, i'll know what to do if it happens again. i only work mornings so don't go to staff meetings unless relevant to foundation stage - very rarely

Sympathy with your situation our new Head has put my PPA into 5 half hour blocks! These things may be legal but not helpful!

how unfair

Well make the most of it because it will probably be disappearing in the future if Gove gets his way. As will the protection of directed time.

All the fighting we teachers did in the 80s to make life better for teachers then and in the future wiped away by one megalomaniac.

Cx

Well make the most of it because it will probably be disappearing in the future if Gove gets his way. As will the protection of directed time.

All the fighting we teachers did in the 80s to make life better for teachers then and in the future wiped away by one megalomaniac.

Cx

best had then!

Cx

Not without a fight, I think! Can you imagine what the unions would say? Probably would be the last nail in the coffin for Mr Gove!

Edited by Guest

Not without a fight, I think! Can you imagine what the unions would say? Probably would be the last nail in the coffin for Mr Gove!

i will have everything crossed for that!!!!!!! :PxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)