Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E3 Checklist Health And Safety

Had E3 assessment. Tutor said it went well. I didn't know the answers to everything but she prompted me through anything I wasn't sure of. She does this for everyone. I now have to do a plan of the school and of the classroom. I also have to write up notes of what we discussed. The thing is I think I've bitten off more than I can chew doing this nvq3. I don't have any confidence in putting pen to paper not sure how to word things these days. I haven't worked for six years and haven't done anything college wise since I was 16/17. I'm 36 now and I'm in a flap over the first thing I have been asked to do. I was a secretary before and this is very new to me even though I have been helping out in school with children's reading skills for 2 yrs I feel that I don't have enough experience. I work in reception class 3 days a week voluntary and I love it. The teacher sings my praises and even told my tutor how fab I am. Just so worried that I will write stuff up and it will be wrong. Will my tutor tell me or does my work get marked wrong and then I've failed. Really worried

Hi there Lui, I dont think Ive welcomed you to te froum, so, welcome. Im sure you have some to the right place for support. Im also sure we all feel like that sometimes, have great intentions to do new things and then panic for all manner of reasons. New things are alwasy a bit daunting and in time I hope you will look back and wonder why were you so swrried. You obviosuly wnat to do this adn i think that takes you more than half way there.

I always thought the NVQs are not pass/fail..but 'competant'and 'not yet competant.' perhaps the more experinced memebers in thisarea can tell you if this is the case or not?

Even so, accept that you will make mistakes, thats what the learning journey is all about..if you are a driver, you do you rememeber learning, and probabaly laughing at some of the daft things you did? Your tutor will not expect you to be perfect. They will have probablay dealt with lots of people like yourelf and are there to help you. get spmeone to proof red what you write, if that happens to be someone maybe in school who has recently completed and NVQ, then so much the better, if not, a freind or family memeber.

Im not sure if thats any help to you, so Ill leave the way clear for others to respond..

Hi

You sound just like me. I felt like that and at the moment I'm finding it hard to motivate myself. Welcome to the site by the way it fab. I'm half way through my NVQ 3 so if you need any help, then I'm sure we can struggle through together. I have had E3 signed off, are you still struggling if so what with.

I will see if I can help.

Mandi

Had E3 assessment.  Tutor said it went well.  I didn't know the answers to everything but she prompted me through anything I wasn't sure of.  She does this for everyone.  I now have to do a plan of the school and of the classroom.  I also have to write up notes of what we discussed.  The thing is I think I've bitten off more than I can chew doing this nvq3.  I don't have any confidence in putting pen to paper not sure how to word things these days.  I haven't worked for six years and haven't done anything college wise since I was 16/17.  I'm 36 now and I'm in a flap over the first thing I have been asked to do.  I was a secretary before and this is very new to me even though I have been helping out in school with children's reading skills for 2 yrs I feel that I don't have enough experience.  I work in reception class 3 days a week voluntary and I love it.  The teacher sings my praises  and even told my tutor how fab I am.  Just so worried that I will write stuff up and it will be wrong.  Will my tutor tell me or does my work get marked wrong and then I've failed.  Really worried

40596[/snapback]

Hi lui and welcome aboard

I'm an Assessor and can assure you there's no pass or fail, as mundia says, competent and not yet competent. We can usually pick a lot up as the award progresses, or we can question, set case studies etc, whatever seems most appropriate. We work hard to support and encourage all our candidates - your Assessor seems to work that way.

Lots of people coming back into the work and learning field have adjustments to make - managing their time, getting the old grey cells back into gear etc, it will come, I can assure you, so don't be despondent.

And you've got all us great people behind you - feel free to pick brains, moan or exult here with us - we'll be here with you!! Same goes for you, mandi!

Sue :D

Just wanted to say 'Hi' Lui. I didnt do the NVQ so no help I'm afraid. The wording of things was always a problem for me too,(and motivation!) can you bullet point rather than write it in essay form? That used to help me at least get started. Good luck :D

Just wanted to say 'Hi' Lui. I didnt do the NVQ so no help I'm afraid. The wording of things was always a problem for me too,(and motivation!) can you bullet point rather than write it in essay form? That used to help me at least get started. Good luck  :D

40694[/snapback]

Just a huge thank you. managed to put finger to keyboard in the end. College tomorrow so if I get chance I will have my tutor look over what I have done. Thanks for making me feel welcome. Feel much better now.

Hi Lui

I have just handed in my work for the nvq level 3. I didn't think i could do it either i am 42 been working in my nursery for 4 years but before that i was at home with children for 19 years. This alone made me lack confidence in myself. Hang on in their when i handed my folders in if their was something missing i would have a note telling me so. Its not a straight fail. It sounds like you are good at your job i found it hard to write but one tip i would have for you is what ever you do, dont try to make things to complecated. I dont know if its just me but i tend to go around the houses when i just needed something simple.

Good luck

Nerak

hi lui

you can do what ever you put your mind to. just remember that before children you were a compete adult!!!! i did my nvq in my 40's (won't tell you how old i am now) :D but you your common sense and don't look for the difficult answers. i think nvq's were definetly made for a different generation than an adult mother good luck you can do it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)