Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas needed please

I have been given an almost new book case - the 'box' type, with 4 compartments, like you see in libraries; it measures approx 60 cms x 60 cms. I don't really need a bookcase but I can see that it has huge potential - I just don't know what! :blink: I don't want to get rid of it because it is so new - does anyone have any novel ideas for alternative uses? All ideas welcome! :rolleyes:

I know what our children would do if left to their own devices...fill it, transport it, empty it, fill it, move it, empty it, fill it, take it outside, empty it, put everything in the home corner in it, take it to the book corner, empty it, put all the books in it, take it to the home corner... Get the picture?! :D

Hope you find a good use for it!

• Like 1

we had one on wheels..

started out for books...

evolved into a construction box with lego, duplo, bricks etc in it..

then had a wooden train set in it with wooden bricks etc fro building as well

used in home corner fro dressing up bags, hats etc for a while

when I left it was used for the junk modelling stuff.. or whatever the current term is.. had tubes, boxes, card larger items to use in the craft area ,

Thanks for your replies. :rolleyes: I like the idea of a construction box (Duplo etc). Maybe I could put it outside (it's quite a bulky item and very heavy) - problem is it would fill with water when it rains and probably wouldn't last for much more than a term as it is made of MDF. :(

Hi,

if you turn it on it's side and make it secure (fix to wall) could it be used as a doll's house or something else 'small world'? A forest for dinosaurs? You could line the individual boxes with wallpaper etc and use it for different things :1b

How about using it as a multi sensory box? You could fill each compartment up with different materials/intruments/smelly thing etc. My children love to touch/shake and smell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)