Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Home Corner

Hi

I'm after new ideas for role play please (pre-school).. we want to create a shop and have come up with all the usual ideas, tills, shopping baskets, boxes of food, real food etc but wondered if any one has new ideas to make it more interesting for the chidlren :D

Also any dufferent ideas for ..dare i say :o christmas role play :D

Cheers Jo

have another (smaller) role play area with the "home" environment things so shopping can be bought and taken home, unpacked, used etc etc - just like real shopping. Make shaped dough biscuits/cakes etc to sell, get those luminous display stars for prices and let children label the items.....

Saw a fabulous christmas elves workshop last year, small area but they had parcels for wrapping, they made wrapping paper, labels for writing, cards etc - lots of comparing and SSM maths talk.

Last Christmas we set our role play up as a kind of front room. We had a small fake tree and box of decorations, presents, etc adn they loved dressing the tree every day!!

Hi Joanne,

We have just visited a local farm shop to buy some vegetables to make some soup and back at school we have made Old Macdonalds ' Farm Shop outside. My T.A has come up with real scales that plug in and the children can press numbers and see numbers come up on the display. It's worked very well and given us some magic moments such as when one four year old child was busy pushing food in a bag and The T.A said ' oh I see you're packing your food up to take home' His reply was ' No they're going on E-Bay cos they're old'

Don't you just love moments like that?

What about a quiet night in with a video and a pizza linked with a take-away shop . or B& Q's ?

Sure other folks will have some good ideas

Regards Lynda

I know it seems early for christmas things but after reading a few of the christmas stories, we set up a stable in the home corner, which worked very well. We had a couple of masks for the animals, and a Mary & Joseph and an innkeeper who took bookings and got visitors - shepherds etc to sign in. We played quiet christmas music in the area, and put a few christmas books in so the children could read to baby jesus!

Also, a toy shop - perhaps chaotic (!) or a grotto??

In the run up to Christmas our home corner is a Post Office, Santa's workshop and the Nativity stable (in the week after our Nativity play so that costumes and scenery don't get wrecked!)

Whitetree, what does your Santas workshop look like? Sounds interesting and fun.

Sue J

40371[/snapback]

We drape the home corner screens in white and silver. Inside are tables with real toys and cardboard cuts outs to 'finish' or put together, a sack of parcels ready to deliver, childrens letters, a world map and dressing up clothes for santa's elves (waistcoats, pointy hats, capes) and fairies

Al

What about a party - table cloth, party plates, cups, food,decorations, invitations, presents ( shoe boxes covered in wrapping paper so they can be opened and toys put inside.) cake, more food, party dressing up, bow tie for teddy etc.

We do this as part of our topic on celebrations.

Hi all,

great ideas for christmas role play thanks, now i don't know which one to use! :( want to do them all, feel a song springing to mind.....

Oh i wish it could be christmas every day, when the bells start ringing and the kids begin to play :oxD:(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)