Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Feeling confused

milo1

Hello, I am feeling unclear about the organisation of the pre-school that my son attends.

I am wondering if anyone could share some knowledge and clarification re the business structure our pre-school is running under. The pre-school changed to a limited company with charity status and is run by a board of trustees. However I have been approached to become a committee member for the pre-school. I thought that the board of directors were in effect the committee ? Why would more committee members be needed. Is this because of the rules within the pre-school memorandum and articles/ governing document I think it is a PLA one.

Sorry for sounding so vague, but I would welcome any support.

Thankyou for any help that can be shared. :1b

You do need to have a committee of trustees/ members if you are an incorporated company as well as with charitable status, this is exactly what we are.

We work within the memorandum of articles too, all done through the PSLA.

Each year the committee/ trustees would stand down, or be re-elected at the AGM or can be co-opted on throughout the year to the maximum number allowed. If you need any other assistance I am happy to advise.:)

Edited by Fredbear

You do need to have a committee of trustees/ members if you are an incorporated company as well as with charitable status, this is exactly what we are.

Each year the committee/ trustees would stand down, or be re-elected at the AGM or can be co-opted on throughout the year to the maximum number allowed. If you need any other assistance I am happy to advise.:)

You need to have trustees (you could call them a committee but they are the directors of the company and the trustees for the charity)

You articles can be done by yourself....ours were created by our accountant. (fairly basic!) You do not have to stand down each year.....thats the whole point about becoming a company...i can keep the trustees for as long as i want!(just like governors at school

I

Yes they are the directors/trustees, our memorandum of articles was devised by the PSLA and was a condition of a building grant we received from our LA.

If you pm me your email address I can send you a copy of ours for you to see if that is any help, or ask if you can see the pre-schools one.:)

Thank you Fredbear this has been a great help. Thankyou for your offer of further assistance too.

• Like 1

You need to have trustees (you could call them a committee but they are the directors of the company and the trustees for the charity)

You articles can be done by yourself....ours were created by our accountant. (fairly basic!) You do not have to stand down each year.....thats the whole point about becoming a company...i can keep the trustees for as long as i want!(just like governors at school

I

Thank you Finleysmaid for your replies. I will ask to see the Pre-school memorandum and articles and feedback the information I have gained from the posts shared here today. All information shared has been a great help. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)