Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

maths outdoors

Hi everyone

As part of my maths session Ineed to do a counting session outdoors. The previous weeks I have done things like hopscotch, sorting beanbags into hoops, painting numbers with water, numbered bikes and car parking spaces.I needed some more activities to help me. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas.. feel likeim having a mind blank. I have a reception class of 22 children.

Thank you

Sunai

coutning sticks, stones, conkers, acorns.

could you play a game of 10 Green Bottles like a skittle game and count the ones knocked over - children could record using tally marks with chalk on the wall/playground or on clip boards?

For future reference this book is great

http://www.nelsonthornes.com/shop/ProductDisplay?urlRequestType=Base&catalogId=10601&categoryId=50001&productId=974003&errorViewName=ProductDisplayErrorView&urlLangId=-1&langId=-1&top_category=25001&parent_category_rn=25022&storeId=10701

It is quite expensive but might be available on ebay or amazon? (Note to self - sell all my books when I finally retire and live off proceeds!!)

Cx

• Like 4

we have a trolley with 4 drawers which children can freely access outside. we change what's in there regularly. am nursery. we have size/shape/numeral/counting jigsaws, games, resources in it. also giant floor dominoes, a washing line with pictures/numbered pictures to order, e.g. one picture has 1 dinosaur, then next 2 dinosaurs etc. whatever current interests are x

Hi Catma

I look you have loads of books - maybe we should open a little education bookshop when we retire :D - I've always fancied a wee book shop with a big comfy sofa complete with coffee and cake bar - then again I think that when I retire I want to get as far away from education as possible!

Anyway back to the book - I am a bit of a 'need a picture' to inspire me (a bit like a recipe book - I need to see what the food will look like before making it) so does the outdoor maths book have lots of photos to illustrate or is it mainly text?

pictures and diagrams - it's my go-to book for outdoor ideas. I use it a lot when I'm working in schools.

I've got a few books - maybe not a book shop but a lot are now out of print, yet classics!! So I'm always amazed at how much they can sell for.

Cx

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)