Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Profile

I have just moved to a new school and borough.

My last borough refused to fill in the profile as they already had their own in place which was working well.

My new school has adopted the profile but recognise that the completion of them is time consuming. They intend to use the computer to reduce workload and paperwork. Hopefully by completing the profiles on the computer we can use the same statements to create an end of year report (although I feel the profile already serves as a report). However, I have not been able to download a useable copy of the profile from the web (it is a .pdf). Does anyone know if this is possible?

We are using eprofile version 2 which has been produced by Sussex LEA and can be downloaded from the net. It more or less looks exactly the same as the profile booklet. All you do is click where the child you are assessing is on the scales. The beauty of it is the package produces lots graphs displaying all sorts of information (some useful, some not.) but demonstrates, that all important 'value added' beautifully. I haven't got the actual address but will try to get it from school tomorrow and post it.

Hi Janis,

Doing it on the computer would be a great time saver!We are still waiting on the profiles over here in Spain! :o Also apparently we are starting it in Nursery-here thats 2/3 year olds and reception is 4/5 with some kids still turning 4 until Xmas? xD

Ive just been on the training for the eprofilev2, and spent most of the day getting it to work at school( xD ). But it can be downloaded from www.bgfl.org/aspects.

I would recommend downloading the profile and the instructions. Its quite straightforward. Ive managed to get it to work on a stand alone PC at school and at home, but not on the school network yet.

Spent all day on this, :o , so do ask if you have any questions. Cant promise to have the solution but Ill give it a go :D

• 3 months later...

Hi there Johnboy. Needed to jog my memory as I did this download ages ago and Ive been to sleep since then!!

Ive just been to www.bgfl.org/aspects to check that it is still there and it is. You will see a list of about 20 downloadable bits and bobs of which the first 2 are the eprofile and the instruction manual. You will need both. If you are still having trouble let me know, with whatever the problem is that you are having. I could probably email a copy to you but I dont know how big it is.

Our teachers are finding that now they ae getting used to using it, that it is loads quicker than the booklets and does away with all that paper. And the graphs it produces could be helpful for picking up strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks a million Mundia.Ill go and have another look!On the first page on the left there were about 7 things and when i searched for the eprofile all i got was notes on how to download it but not the actual place to download it :oxD .......its been a long week!

• 3 weeks later...

HELP!!

Seem to be spending an inordinate amount of time on profiles. If I thought last year was bad using them as a cumulative document is extremely time consuming.

I worked in my LEA to produce a version which could be used across the foundation stage as a whole and would transfer from one setting to another with the child.

This is of course the first year that anything has been available so I am using the booklets from scratch and finding it really difficult.

It is easier to fill in the spreadsheets that we made last year though, although I really feel I'm ticking boxes which is frustrating.

My Lea doesn't seem to be using the eprofile so don't think that is an option.

Trying to get the feel of everyonre else before I approach my head and LEA advisor (who I am due to see for a moderating meeting, next week).

At the end of last sunmmer term, I never wanted to see another pink booklet but now I'm not so sure.

Perhaps its just me that's lost the plot?!

We have Curriculum complete but not Early Years Complete in school. Can you record against that for profiles. I couldn't make it work on my laptop at home but think we may have a modified version in school (if I remeber correctly?)

hope someone can help.

Susan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)