Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Colours, shape, number and counting assessment

Hi all,

Probably a really stupid question but do others still keep records of these abilities in a class-list format?

I continue to but try not to 'test' the children instead I seek info through play. The information may be recorded as part of an observation but then I keep it on a class-list for quick reference.

Just wondering if others still keep some class-list records?

Thanks,

Green Hippo x

Yep! But as you say aim to get the information through play rather than testing. I sometimes find it helps to see that information for a whole class for all sorts of reasons - e.g. I need to put more things out with numbers over 10 on. If I don't collate the information I can miss big gaps or achievements e.g. everyone knows 'red' so I don't need to worry about creating opportunities to learn that.

Yes I still keep this info. I do gather it through play but often games that we have set up to find the information out as I find there are too many gaps if we just observe their play to find the answers and then I end up doing them an injustice because they didn't show me what they know in their play.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)