About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Teacher Status

Tippytoe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Florida and welcome to the forum :1b

Thanks for making your first post. EYT replaces the Early Years Professional Status Programme which you have probably heard of? Here's some information about it from the DfE website.

Hi yes I am

I am doing it with best practice network. I am a bit lost with what I have to do I submitted some work but not heard any thing yet I just wanted to know if I was on the right track. Good luck everyone who is doing it x

It requires building a portfolio of evidence of good practice and leadership and 6 or 7 assignments and a setting visit. six study days at uni for the 12 month practitioner pathway. If you have lots of experience you can do it in six months, also I need a ten hour reception placement and a baby placement as I am working in a preschool. Alot of the people I am doing it with are doing it alongside the last year of their degree. I am finding it quite daunting x

• 2 weeks later...

I did EYP last year, it really is achieveable. You just need to get your head round how to show what you are already doing links to the standards. The work is in documenting it all and cross referencing - it will take time. Good Luck!

I too did EYP last year running alongside my degree, It felt like a horrendous hill to climb at the beginning but if you organise yourself you will do it.

Start by gathering evidence for your portfolio... Letters, leaflets, posters you have done, emails Ideal for links with other professionals) things you have designed etc. put them all in a folder, use dividers and split into the standards then slot all the evidence into the relevant sections at a later date. just remember that you can use the same piece of evidence for more than one standard but will need to have it copied for each section. I set my self a target of completing one of the standards essays in 2 weeks, I cannot run several things at the same time so found it easier to finish one before starting another one. Some of them were knocked out in a day as once you start typing you will be amazed as to how much you can cover.

For me I found the baby room placement the hardest as I am a Manager and had to go in at a Playworker level having never worked with babies other than my own children. Just remember to get as much evidence from your placements as possible as you will need this for essay writing. I struggled as was limited to what I was allowed to do on placement so I did find that particular essay very hard.

Its all about you selling yourself at the end of the day and detailing all the hard work you do. You will be fine xx

Good luck, I am sure you will be fine xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)