Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

ECERS question

Hi all, Need just a little help if anyone can. I can't find my ECERS book at the moment, at the bottom of a mountain of other stuff in the dumping ground, I mean Office, I think.

Can anyone tell me in the ECERS-R Profile under Program Structure, exactly what the meaning of "Schedule" is. Is it the day's planning?

It doesnt say exactly, but i am assuming it to mean the routine/timetable.

In the notes for clarification it states:

The written schedule need not be followed to the minute. The intent of this indicator is that the general sequence of events is being followed.

• Like 1

Yes, as Lucy says, schedule is the daily routine - what is going to happen, and when. Obviously this is for guidelines only - scores would be low if a setting stuck rigidly to the routine even when it was clearly not meeting the needs of the children. So if children were made to sit at a table for 20 minutes for snack because the schedule said so, or if a child who was really absorbed in a play experience was interrupted to go and do something less meaningful, for example.

• Like 2

Thank you so much for this help. I suspect then because we do not have a free flow/cafe style snack that is why this came out low - only really looked at it all properly in last day or so - although it was carried out quite some time ago. Thing is, cafe style snack really doesn't suit us, we have tried so often to change and for long periods of time, but we continue to return to everyone sitting at same time - we do allow children to get down from the table when they have finished.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)