Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Portable sink..cheap..is there such a thing?

Guest Spiral

Guest Spiral

Hi there,

is there such a thing as a portable sink and if so, does anyone know of a company that does them cheaply?

Need to be compliant for h&s.

Thank you,

Spiral :-)

Guest sn0wdr0p

Kiddiwash do one at £158.00. I'm sure this has been asked about before so there may be some members who can endorse it (or not). I did a quick search on Google and there seems to be quite a few types but they were more expensive. A more extensive search may find a cheaper option.

Guest Spiral

Thanks snowdrop,

unfortunately we need one for adults to wash their hands in not children.

I'm desperately looking....our water pressure won't cope with another sink :-(

someone put 2 sinks into the hall kitchen I used to work in to comply with environmental health requirements but did not think of the water pressure being insufficient for both taps..but so long as we only used one at a time it worked... cannot remember a time we were using both taps at the same time anyway...

that was fine until they had some work done in the kitchen.. and someone messed it all up... turned out only way to use the second sink was to have both running at the same time... never did work out how it had been changed or why.. took us ages to sort out how to get water in the second sink!

Hi Spiral.

Kiddiwash sinks are suitable for adults too. It's exactly what we use for our handwashing sink in the kitchen as we only have one sink. You don't get a strong stream of water but they are perfectly ok and keep water warm for a few hours (then you can just replace it).

You can buy them without the Kiddiwash name and "children's colours" from other suppliers as builders etc use them in their vans. Not sure about prices of these though.

My dad made our's old cupboard, metal sink for caravans or can use a washing up bowl with plug hole cut out. and a tap used in caravans, two containers one for dirty water other for clean.

worked a treat. Remember to empty dirty container when you fill new one, as accidents can happen.

cheaper then buying one and very easy to make.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...