Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Job Checklists

Hi Johanna1 I do feel unfortunately that job descriptions, job check lists are unique to your setting or provision, so mine would not really be of use to you.

Can I ask are you starting to set them up from scratch or are you trying to evaluate or revamp existing ones.

Just my thought on this, hope some others may come along soon to advise you.:)

if you're looking for ideas to add to 'job list' for staff, my number one would be -

Before opening up in morning, ensure that all the 'odds n sods' that were not put away yesterday are put away now!!! (odd bit of duplo, mobile etc :D )

instead of just standing around chatting. Yes I do know that just because you are holding the planning does not mean you are actually doing it

xxx

• Like 10

Hi Johanna1 I do feel unfortunately that job descriptions, job check lists are unique to your setting or provision, so mine would not really be of use to you.

Can I ask are you starting to set them up from scratch or are you trying to evaluate or revamp existing ones.

Just my thought on this, hope some others may come along soon to advise you.:)

I am setting them up from scratch, to be honest before Christmas one of the staff didn't do some of the jobs that she should have done under her particular role. There was a certain amount of 'covering' and although she is no longer with us, I just thought if I had clear check lists for each role then as far as the staff go they can't say the didn't know and it gives me a basis to 'check' and 'chase' should the need arise. I know we have job descriptions but they can be more generic rather than making sure all jobs that term are completed and kept a track of.

As far as the committee go we felt maybe more people would be willing to take on roles if they could follow a bit of a check list (the comment has been parents don't want to take it on in case they forget something or not sure of what responsibilities will be)

It was just an idea really to make handing roles over to others a little easier, as if staff are doing roles for the first time I thought it would help them to cover and keep up with everything and aid consistent practice. I don't think we have every had them before!!just relied on job descriptions

Oh I see, well the PSLA have a roles and responsibility for committees checklist, this might be useful as your starting point for them.

Each year at our setting we divide the roles and responsibilities for the Pre-school within our staff team, depending on task specific and staff qualification and skill.

I suppose our action plan covers the broader headings and who is responsible for them, along side supervisions and appraisals as well as daily discussions with staff I have never felt the need for these.

Sorry I'm not much help.:)

Edited by Fredbear