Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Could Some One Give Me Their Opinion On This...

Hiya,

I'm trying to overhaul my existing planning and I feel that Long term planning sdhould be key to this, so I've looked around, borrowed examples and tried to come up with something.

The first one is a list of every areas of development and their stepping stones, where for each term different ones will be highlighted. I like this but fear it will be a booklet rather than a sheet but it will be a help for the staff to have all the stepping stones handy and colour coded to link to next sheets. I also think it would be clear which areas had been adequately covered across the year and show thse which needed attention??

The second is a table, where I have space to enter the code numbers and letters relating to each area of development, which is smaller but staff would need to refer back to foundation stage or a seperate info sheet for details of what these numbers and letters refer to. Not sure if it would work, or is this ok?

I'm not sure which is best or ether I should consider one of the other ideas I came across.

I would appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at the examples and letting me know what they think. It would be a huge help.

Sorry for the dumb question but I just want to get it right y'know, lol.

Thank you in advance

Nic x

Long_Term_Planning_Booklet.doc

LT_PLan_1.doc

Edited by Guest

I take it on the booklet you would just tick the learning intentions covered?

I have to say my preference is for the booklet style- I hate having to use codes and refer back to other documents or piece of paper, it is so time consuming and you always ens up having one and not the other.

Thats my 2p on the subject.

L

I take it on the booklet you would just tick the learning intentions covered?

I have to say my preference is for the booklet style- I hate having to use codes and refer back to other documents or piece of paper, it is so time consuming and you always ens up having one and not the other.

Thats my 2p on the subject.

L

39205[/snapback]

i agree with you i know i would find this format easier.

Thank you for the replies guys

I too think this one is better, But I thought id gather some other opinions as I'm not the only one who will have to be using it, but like i said this way it is easier to identify which areas are still to be covered, to ensure all points are covered enough and it has info needed right there for all to see, so only one document.

Thanks again, I was worried it was 'too much'?

Nic x

For what it's worth - I like the booklet too - in fact I use quite a similar format. Tell me did you type in all the stepping stones or were you able to copy these into the document. Whatever way it must have taken you a long time, but it does look good with the stepping stones colour coded. I would love to have a complete set if you would like to share them as I think they could work well, especially as you can see the LT planning at a glance. Haven't taken a print, but does it fit on a A4 page, if so, it would be great for displaying on the notice board. Currently, I have the aspects of learning alongside my topic and then a print out of all the stepping stones but this would tie it both together and my parents would be able to see easily what was happening.

Nikki

Hi NicLDDC

i have looked at your booklet and it has been a great help to me as a newly registered setting. :D would you mind if i asked you for details regarding your medium term plans, to give me some more ideas?

I too have come across lots of diffent ideas and i am tryin to find one which is easy to work with

Thanks in advance

Jo

• 1 month later...
For what it's worth - I like the booklet too - in fact I use quite a similar format.  Tell me did you type in all the stepping stones or were you able to copy these into the document.  Whatever way it must have taken you a long time, but it does look good with the stepping stones colour coded.  I would love to have a complete set if you would like to share them as I think they could work well, especially as you can see the LT planning at a glance.  Haven't taken a print, but does it fit on a A4 page, if so, it would be great for displaying on the notice board.  Currently, I have the aspects of learning alongside my topic and then a print out of all the stepping stones but this would tie it both together and my parents would be able to see easily what was happening.

Nikki

39272[/snapback]

Nikki, I would be really interested to see the format you use in your school, as I am in the process of overhauling planning at present..

Hiya,

I'm trying to overhaul my existing planning and I feel that Long term planning sdhould be key to this, so I've looked around, borrowed examples and tried to come up with something.

The first one is a list of every areas of development and their stepping stones, where for each term different ones will be highlighted. I like this but fear it will be a booklet rather than a sheet but it will be a help for the staff to have all the stepping stones handy and colour coded to link to next sheets. I also think it would be clear which areas had been adequately covered across the year and show thse which needed attention??

The second is a table, where I have space to enter the code numbers and letters relating to each area of development, which is smaller but staff would need to refer back to foundation stage or a seperate info sheet for details of what these numbers and letters refer to. Not sure if it would work, or is this ok?

I'm not sure which is best or ether I should consider one of the other ideas I came across.

I would appreciate it if someone wouldn't mind taking a look at the examples and letting me know what they think. It would be a huge help.

Thank you in advance

Nic x

39198[/snapback]

Hi Nic

would you be able to share the other sections of your booklet, they look very good..

cheers

basilbrush

Hello Nic,

You have worked hard on the booklet, and was kind of you to share it with us. I would love to see the rest of the booklet.

Laura

Hiya,

Thank you in advance

Nic x

39198[/snapback]

Iliked your booklet so I hope you dont mind but I am trying it out in my school I have begun the CLL ss and will try to attach them I will attach the others as I get through them They are not as colourful as yours but they might save someone a bit of work .

LONG_TERM_PLANNING_GRID.doc

Iliked your booklet so I hope you dont mind but I am trying it out in my school I have begun the CLL ss and will try to attach them I will attach the others as I get through them They are not as colourful as yours but they might save someone a bit of work .

43543[/snapback]

oops posted wrong grid here goes again

LONG_TERM_PLANNING_GRID_complete.doc

[ :) They look great. Well done, you must of spent alot of time doing these.

Do you produce a copy for each child and then tick and date the box when that child has successfully done a stepping/e.l.g ?.

[ :) They look great. Well done, you must of spent alot of time doing these.

Do you produce a copy for each child and then tick and date the box when that child has successfully done a stepping/e.l.g ?.

43566[/snapback]

I havent used them like that because we have devised a simple A 3 profile based on the SS which we are using .I am just using it as a curriculum Map so thet I can see what has been covered over the Year .I have to say I have just done this after reading Nic's post so I cant take any credit for the idea I just thought it was a good one . :)

I have always understood you Long Term planning should show clear learning intentions. We have based our planning on the Tower Hamlets document Planning for Progress 2 ISBN1 873928 36X

This is the format used

format.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you get these learning intentions from? Are they found in the document too? I'm in Reception, but am really interested in progression from Nur to Rec. This looks really good!

xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)