Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Adult led activities

staff do it on a rota system.

they look at a target child and come up with an adult focus built around one of their next steps; this may well cover lots of other children's needs too, but every child is encouraged (but not made) to have a go/take part.

I do find that staff tend to look at things in different ways too which is good, one staff member loves to be outside so her focus's tend to be there; another one is very creative so the children get a good mix.

The only thing we struggle on is because children don't come every day they sometimes all don't get to take part - but I've long given up trying to solve that problem, if they miss it, then so be it! :P

• Like 1

I have just revamped our way of doing it. We take a note of particular children/groups of children and interests and plan for one particular adult led focus a week. This always covers the prime areas, I note how we believe it will respond to COL's although sometimes we are surprised and then I have another box for any of the specific areas that it might cover (but it doesn't always cover all of them)

our continuous provision covers everything (we hope :P )

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)