Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Gifts

Hi,

Looking for best sites, other than ELC, to buy Christmas presents for the children from - spending about £4 per child.

Also - anyone know when the next ELC 3 for 2 sale is due??

Hi,

Wow that's a lot to spend! This year my mum has bought packs of Usborne farmyard tales Sticker books from the book people for her pre-school children. They are lovely and a real bargain - a pack of 10 for £8.99 rather than £40.

Laura

Hi,

Looking for best sites, other than ELC, to buy Christmas presents for the children from - spending about £4 per child.

Also - anyone know when the next ELC 3 for 2 sale is due??

Thanks  :)

39011[/snapback]

You're a bit generous! How many children do you have to buy for?

I'm afraid I just make up a small bag of sweets with a couple of party bits (from Tesco) thrown in. I also provide prizes for Christmas party, & sometimes some of the party food if it isn't forthcoming.

Don't know how expensive or otherwise it is, but I've just ordered a load of Yellow Moon catalogues to circulate to parents to raise some money for nursery. I shall certainly be buying from it to generate an income. Might be worth a look?

Last year we ordered some things from the fundraising section of School Surplus. They regularly have new stock in, although recently they haven't had many in. (good site if you are after school supplies as well).

The web site is:

ww.schoolsurplus.co.uk

We have a Scholastic/Red House Book Sale around xmas near us which we have previously got things from.

Jo

Yellow Moon is a subsiduary of Baker Ross but you can register with them to get commission back...

I was also going to suggest packs of books (we do that) or Hawkins bazaar - it is the top shop for stocking fillers!

Also you know don't forget Woolworths and the Supermarkets.

Wow! £4!!! Lucky you! Ours is £1.

We have an excellent local scrapstore which sells new stuff as well as recycled craft materials. Always worth a look. You set me thinking if a bag of bits for collage might make an interesting gift, if not for Christmas maybe a birthday. Again, either access a scrapstore or buy lots of different craft type things in somewhere like Wilkinsons or The Works and divide them up into mixed packs. Now my mind is whirring - this could be a good fundraiser...... make some drawstring bags (dead cheap from remnants from somewhere like Dunelm and really easy to make too). Could sell them for £3 or more depending on what was in them.

Ooooh! Went on a creativity course last week where we were reminded of the importance of child-led art rather than the Blue Peter pre-prepared mass-produced art. Thought I would do a workshop for the parents to actually have a go, demonstrating the two sorts of activities and talk about how they felt about the boring, closed pre-prepared activity versus the open ended diy experience........... could sell them the bags afterwards!

BINGO!

Thank you for whoever started this discussion!

Hi, thanks for all your suggestions, I'll give them all a go and let you know what I end up with :)

we are buying for 20 children chocolate girl and £4 is our very maximum so if I can spend less I will :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)