Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Managers pay

I am looking to employ a manager for a Day Nursery and if it is not too cheeky would you share the types of salaries one might expect for 40 hour week? We are in Hampshire

Guest sn0wdr0p

I currently have a vacancy for a joint manager (I own the setting and will also be joint manager) and unfortunately can only offer £7.50 per hour until our new nursery provision increases it's numbers. I will review the salary after 6 months. I want the post holder to oversee the day to day running of the setting such as staff deployment, overseeing staff members observations, assessment and planning and ensuring general H & S procedures are carried out. I will manage more the business end of things e.g. finance (oustanding fees etc.), marketing etc. as these areas are slipping as I have too much to distract me during the day.

I am in the Holderness area of East Yorkshire and salaries are considerably less in this area than London.

Hi jazzy1

Does the management role include all paperwork, funding, pay and budgets?

Just checking we are in line

Hi no. We have a admin person who does most of the paperwork/invoices/pay and the manager does the day to day running and is normally in numbers.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a nursery session manager (the owner deals with the finance side of things) I deal with the day to day running, planning etc. I get £8 per hour. I don't get paid for any work done at home which I do on a very regular basis.

I only earn £1 more per hour than our unqualified assistant.

Hmmm. Guess I must do it for the joy of seeing our little ones flourish!!!

Or maybe we're all just crazy!!

• Like 1

£7.95 here for our manager and I know staff are struggling, my husband said 15 years ago he wouldn't get out of bed for less than £20 an hour, he can't believe what the rates are now!