Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open university course

Hi Everyone

I a, quite new to the forum and looking for advice, I currently work as a family support worker in Early years. However, I am currently doing a degree through in the Open University at the hope of eventually becoming a teacher. I am doing a BA in Early Year and have just finised E105 and starting Child Development next year which is a level 2 module. I just wondered if anyone took a similar path, and if anyone doubled up there modules and studies two at a time. I am just exploring my options as I really want to finish the degree as soon as I can, I have 4 years left at the OU and will then be applying to do my PGCE ( I hope). Any advice would be really helpful.

Kind regards

Emma xx

Guest SamG

Good luck, but bear in mind that each 60 credit module is roughly 16-20 hours study per week. You may need to prove to the OU that you can fit in enough study time for 2 modules.

I'm not working to a named degree but doing Early Years modules. Finding it quite challenging with working 38 hours a week and running a family but very impressed with content and support. I know some people manage more than one module at a time - I couldn't. But the beauty of the OU is that some modules start in Feb and others in October, so you can finish a degree earlier by managing modules end-to-end without taking a break.

Enjoy xD

Hi!

I did a BA(Hons) Childhood and Youth Studies with the OU. I managed a 60 point level 2 alongside a 30 point level 2, and also did a 60 point level 3 alongside a 15 point level 1 ( which was an extra on top as I wanted to do it!).

I think the advice to try and do Feb and Oct starts back to back is excellent. Some of the L3 courses can be quite heavy going, requiring lots of reading and research so hard to double up on!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)