Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Prams v tapestry help please

Hi everyone, I have been a member for sometime but this is my first post! I need help/advice with online journals please. I was wondering if there are any settings in the North west Kent area that would be prepared to show me their PRAMS or Tapestry system up and running? We are all 'dinosaurish' at my group with hand written journlas etc but realise a more modern recording system is the way forward. Any help or advice would be gratfeully received, thank you

Hi bebeau, congratulations on making your first post. I see you've followed it up swiftly with a second.

Unfortunately I can't provide you access to PRAMS or Tapestry in the wild, but hopefully somebody will. I can, however, set you up with access to a test Tapestry system so that you can have a play around with it. The data in the system isn't real but it will give you an idea of how it all works. Let me know if you're interested.

• Like 1

Hi Matt

Would it be possible for me to set up with a test account please?

Looking into it for two settings

Many tanks

h

I am in Gravesend, does that help?

I do not use tapestry but use PRAMS but only at the minute the tracking side of it, which i love

we still do hand written LJ and obs

• 2 months later...
Guest LorraineHocquard

Matt,

Please can I ask which program is superior for recording and assessment, would it be tapestry or PRAMS? Also which one is more reliable and can easily share information between computers?

Thanks in advance

Hi Lorraine,

PRAMS probably has a slight edge on data analysis but in terms of recording assessments they are essentially the same. At this stage PRAMS can be unreliable for some people though, and it's not designed for sharing information between computers. I recommend Tapestry for now, certainly until PRAMS 3 is released.

Guest LorraineHocquard

Thanks Matt, however, I quite like the feel of PRAMS, I am just worried about small glitches which you are currently looking into. When is PRAMS 3 expected to be released??

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Matt

This is my first post. I am a supervisor at a pre-school and want to start using tapestry as thought it might cut down on the paperwork side of things. Please can I have a test drive of tapestry to.

Many thanks

Angela x

Hi Matt

This is my first post. I am a supervisor at a pre-school and want to start using tapestry as thought it might cut down on the paperwork side of things. Please can I have a test drive of tapestry to.

Many thanks

Angela x

Hi Angela

Just email me with your username and I will do the rest when I am in the office tomorrow....email me on sue@eyfs.info

Best wishes

Sue

Admin Team

• 3 months later...

I am also in Gravesend and would like to see tapestry in action. Would it be possible to visit any schools using this? Is there a trial version that we could try? Many thanks

I am also in Gravesend and would like to see tapestry in action. Would it be possible to visit any schools using this? Is there a trial version that we could try? Many thanks

Hi Lisa

I will set you up will access to my test account and email over the details. I will use the email address that you used to set up this forum account which is a hotmail one, just email admin@eyfs.info if you would prefer I use another

Sue

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)