Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dissertation subject mark making and writing Information needed

Hello, I'm new to this site. I am currently doing my dissertation on promoting mark making and writing in a preschool setting. My tutor tells me it is a hot topic , yet I am unable to find anything current in England on this topic. I am sure I'm looking in the wrong place. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Thank you fredbear. I had looked at mark making matter. I didn't know if there was anything more current. I know my local school has just changed their writing policy to start children on cursive writing, based on current research,which I can't find.

I did this as my PBE three years ago for my Foundation degree some of the books I used were

Some of the Featherstone books - Make Your Mark ( one of the Little baby books) and Progression in play for babies and young children Mark Making

the BAECE leaflets - making their Mark - children's Early Writing

Penny Tassoni had also done some articles I found on the TES website - Helping young writers to bloom

also found useful quotes in Jenny Lindons book understanding child development which talked about environmental print and links to mark-making.

Good luck I really enjoyed researching this topic. :1b

Hello, I'm new to this site. I am currently doing my dissertation on promoting mark making and writing in a preschool setting. My tutor tells me it is a hot topic , yet I am unable to find anything current in England on this topic. I am sure I'm looking in the wrong place. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Sue Cowley has some good books one particularly on mark making for 3-7 year olds

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)