Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What would you include? 'Building the future using the EYFS'

I am making a powerpoint using the title 'Building the future using the EYFS in a primary school' I thought I would include how the new chracteristics of learning could be used in all years and how time to self intiated is important at any age, examples of observations...any other ideas need about 12 slides worth :S

Thanks in advance :)

God - I'd be amazed if anyone had a copy of that to hand these days!! It was a good training tool though.

The Ofsted framework judgement around behavior would link with the characteristics - active not passive learning is what Ofsted are looking for in lessons throughout.

Cx

Guest LornaW

Sad to say Catma I have a copy! Best part though was the DVD. I still make reference to this on training and still find many many schools who find continuing that journey so very difficult!!!!

Perhaps something about resilience and creating a 'growth mindset' (see Carol Dwek for further reading). Encouraging a culture 'can do' leads to resilience - This would certainly fit into 'Creativity and Critical Thinking.'

I remember using it for training on an INSET day, focusing on the DVD and hoping that some understanding of transition, and the good practice in the FS would be carried on. The KS1 staff were horrified as was the HT. :(

One thing I find quite sad in schools is that in the EYFS we encourage children to self select the resources they need for an activity, and then quite often, as they progress through school, we remove that from the learning children experience. So a lot of lessons have all the resources pre prepared for the children and their ability to be creative thinkers is restricted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)