Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can you help? I'm looking for an exciting C&L: LA activity&#33

I am looking for an exciting, interactive, activity based around 'listening and attention' with a small group of about 6 children (40-60m); I am being observed by the headteacher next week for performance management. Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Here's a few ideas that you might like to try (from the Elklan course that I have recently completed!)

1. 'Run and Touch' - identify 5 different things outside, then ask them to run to the..., build up the number of objects asked at one time as necessary for the ability of the children.

2. Personalised stories - make up a story about the children and everytime they say one of their names that have to stand up

3. Hide a toy that makes a constant sound - can they find it?

4. Go! - give instructions but the children have to wait until you say 'go', gradually make the instructions harder.

5. 'I spy...' but giving a clue instead of the initial sound - best played outside (remember not to eye-point!)

Green Hippo x

Thanks for that green hippo! I have another problem - how can I incorporate ICT into the activity? :huh: It is an expectation that ICT is used, but I'm at a loss about what to do. :blink:

What about using the run and touch activity but with the camera - run and take a photo of the... and the...? or use something ICT-ish to make a constant sound, such as a digital alarm clock or an ipod that they can select a sound?

Will keep thinking!

Green Hippo x

Do you have any walkie talkies that children could use, you could describe an object to each in turn, they'd have to listen to description then find the correct object....may need to be outdoors or in hall on a larger scale though for walkie talkies to be effective.

Or could make diff sounds at your end i.e. shake a bell, rattle keys....and they'd have to select object that they think makes the sound.

Edited by mouse63

i have done a treasure hunt with talking tins. i recorded a clue on the first one then they had to use that to find tin 2, etc etc. last tin had clue to find treasure. can incorporate another objective too, e.g. i used positional clues last one i did, so c+l/m/uw!! very interested as treasure is edible e.g. chocolate coins

Thank you for the great ideas. I have wondered about using musical instruments incorporating stopping and starting on cue as well as following direction, but again am not sure about the ICT element (I love the walkie talkie idea, but don't have the equipment).

Does anyone know of an ICT programme related to making sounds and which is available online?

Thanks again green hippo, mouse and Chellandrews :1b .

If you have to use ICT do you have any remote controlled toys - the children could then perhaps work in pairs with one instructing the other to steer the remote controlled toy around an obstacle course to get in the listening and attention element.

Sorry to butt in but what is a sound track game please? x

It's a pre-recorded tape or CD of environmental or animals sounds. It comes with 4-6 'bingo' cards with photos of the sound e.g. someone bouncing a ball, coughing, singing or washing the dishes; each child has a card and some counters and when they hear the sound they cover the photo with their counter if they have it on the bingo card. the first to complete their card is the winner. :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)