Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

FS teaching assistants level 3 requirement by 2013?

Hi I am a nursery teacher and we in the foundation unit are not sure what, if there are any changes, to the level that teaching assistants need to work in Early Years by I think it is May 2013. Does anyone know if this will be a recommended minimun requirement?

We have heard that TA's need to be level 3 qualified by sometime in 2013????

Any ideas or knowledge anyone??

Many thanks

Tracy Nottingham

As I understand it a TA working with nursery children in the 1:13 ratio with a QTS Teacher has to be L3 qualified now and has been since the 2008 EYFS. There is no requirement to have a TA at all in Reception, nor for any that do to be qualified at all at present.

Not heard anything about any future changes. The proposed ratio changes etc don't affect Maintained nurseries as it's been 1:13 with a QTS and L3 for some time.

• Like 1

My school were recently talking about Ofsted wanting all TAs to be level 3 by I think 2014, but I wasn't sure where this info had come from. They are taking it to mean all TAs not just FS based ones too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)