Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

First Aid At Work

agree with Susan, also be aware that if a lump doesn't appear, this doesn't mean the child is o.k. or less hurt. In fact an "inverted" lump can cause pressure on the brain :o

Peggy

Any head injuries that occur in our group our noted in the accident book - we then sticker the child to denote that they have had an injury so that all staff are aware. As has been said before cold compress, look out for signs of concussion - I use the hospital sheet they give out to parents to give to my parents and advise parents to keep an eye out for any signs listed and if they are at all concerned take them to the hospital. I haven't got my notes here at home to give you all signs.

Nikki

ASPK, I was always told that but then a couple of years ago I was told they could sleep. Pretty confusing isnt it? I cant rememebr if it came up on a recent 1st aid course, I'll check my notes. :D

Carol!!

Obviously your family, assessing and preschool don't keep you busy enough!!! (or are you trying to fill a daughter-sized gap?? aaw)

Sue  :o

38339[/snapback]

I'm keeping busy Sue. Stops me thinking too much. xD

My TA has just completed her First Aid cert and the advice was for ANY head injury to contact parents and have the child checked out. One of my early memories is ending up in hospital with a fractured skull after a fall at school and initially showing no signs of the seriousness of the injury.

1st aid courses are essential.... any bump on the head should be reported to parents, if unconsuious or dizzy or sick ambulance phoned straight away.....

38351[/snapback]

I've known a few dizzy parents in my time: never called an ambulance though..!

Maz

We have an information sheet we send home with the children explaining signs and symptoms. We ring parents and tell them straight away just incase something happens at the end of the session and we forget to tell parents.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)