Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

progress over a term ? a whole band ?

I started in a new school in Reception in January and am just looking at the progress trackers for my class. The children were assessed on entry and then again in Dec - it seems some came in at secure 22- 36 months and by December were emerging 40 - 60 months completely missing the 30 -50 m band - does this seem accurate or possible? I realise the on entry assessment was more a brushstroke when children were new, though several would have come from our nursery and that it takes time for some to show what they can really do - it just seems a big jump for at least a third of my class?

I would question accuracy of the on entry or transitional judgements/the current judgements so internal moderation is crucial to quality assure your data especilaly prior to subission in June/july.

However even emerging 40 - 60 now mankes them behind expectations as this is the national expectation for on entry to Reception.

Cx

I would question accuracy of the on entry or transitional judgements/the current judgements so internal moderation is crucial to quality assure your data especilaly prior to subission in June/july.

However even emerging 40 - 60 now mankes them behind expectations as this is the national expectation for on entry to Reception.

Cx

Catma, where does this come from? I was told that it was secure 30-50 months for entry to reception, although frankly emerging 40-60 seems more sensible to me

Sorry, post not clear - It was the fact that they were judged as progressing to only emerging 40- 60 in december, ie now! Which means they've possibly got a lot of catching up to do before data submission in June.

On entry to reception is secure 30 - 50 and emerging in 40 - 60+ as per Ofsted guidance. However to get to the ELG the secure 30 - 50s will need to be accelerated to catch up with the 40 - 60s by Spring really if you are to narrow the gap and have at least good progress for the cohort.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)