Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Blogging

apple

Hello all

I am thinking about adding a blog to our VLE. Having never done anything like it before I wondered if anyone has any advice to offer about best software, blogs suitable for EY settings etc. I don't really want to pay but don't want it to have adverts on - something that is safe to use.

Your help and ideas would be gratefully received

thank you

I use Blogger for my personal blog, apple. It is free, easy to use (even for a numpty like me) and you can add photographs, videos and so on easily enough. You can control how comments are added (for a setting you might want to be able to 'approve' comments before they appear), and I have never seen an advert.

You can choose your own background 'theme' and from what I can see it would seem to be fairly customisable.

Here's a link to one of my highlights from this year, if you'd like to take a peak. It is quite long (so don't read it all unless you really want to), because I have yet to master the art of self-editing but it will give you an idea of what it can do. :1b

http://happymaz-justanothernumber.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/21-watch-gig-from-backstage.html

• Like 1

Guest sn0wdr0p

Love your list Happy Maz especially Leave a Book on a Train for a Stranger. Not so sure about the strip club though. Good luck with completing such a wonderful wide range of things to do. I'm 50 next year - it's got me thinking....

Ah sn0dr0p that visit to the strip club was very interesting. I have some very interesting friends! ;)

apple, Inge (and others) put some lovely blogs up on the FSF facebook page so it might be worth having a look at some of those for a more early years-related content!

Thanks for that Happy Maz.. ail look into that one. Interestingly when I checked out your site there were no adverts yet when I looked at the "autism daddy' one Inge there were lots of adverts linked to things that I had been looking at on other sites (cookies I suppose) Maz have you managed to turn off this kind of activity on your site? It seems strange that there was no such thing on yours (which is what I want) but lots of them on Autism Daddys'? :(

I don't ever remember being asked to turn off adverts, apple. I imagine bloggers make an active decision to take advertising to support their business in some way: whether to raise money for a charity or to supplement their earnings. Writing a blog such as Autism Daddy's can take up a lot of time, often at the expense of the day job, so perhaps the author feels advertising is a legitimate way of raising much needed funds.

It might even be another revenue stream for you: do you have parents whose businesses might like to advertise their wares to other parents? ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)