Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Level 3 staff welfare requirement

HI all,

I was reading the the welfare requirement last night and it states that there must be a staff with level 3 in each age room, can you employ someone with level 2, and studying for level 3, i have a staff in the pre-school with level 2 and presently studying for level 3, well going to as soon as she is signed up forms has been sent, what do you think OFSTED will say to that.

Thanks

sorry to say but we were told the same thing it used to be 'working towards' and then they changed it!!! silly really as I have in the past and do now have level 2's who are amazingly capable and were told they were level 3 standard already when they were training!!!

Thanks for the replies you are right Johanna, the Level 2 is more capable than the level 3 i would have swapped to the pre-school so annoying just for the sake of a piece of paper. But where is it written that working towards is not acceptable now., which document the Welfare Requirement, can't find it?

Thanks