Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

SENCO/ENCO

I am about to take on the role of senco/enco in my setting and I would like to purchase some books to help me in this role.

I have been the EYP for 4 years so have a good knowledge of early years but want an introductory text

Any recommendations?

I'm sorry, I can't help with texts about the role of SENCo.

However can I suggest that you spend some time reading about the experiences of parents who have children with SEN? I think a particularly effective way of doing that would be to look at some forums similar to this one where parents go for support and advice.

I'd be happy to point you towards one for parents of children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders.

I have just completed my SENco training and found all the material offered was invaluable as was the face to face learning - code of practice is obviuosly a must a must , a good area SENco - i have - and learning as you go along - I came away with reviewing and completely changing our policy as it did not offer the right info for our setting - building good relationships with parents is a must

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)