Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

restraint and positive handling policy

Has anyone got one of these that I could have a look at to see what I need to put in. Having spent the last 6 hours reviewing policies I can't think straight (and, oh deep joy, i've still got 3 hours of first aid training to go) and thought I would cheekily ask the experts!

I would be very reluctant to use the word restraint in the policy - not a very safeguarding expression, my Early Years Child Protection Officer was not best pleased when I used that word to ask if I had to record every incidence of holding a child - even if it was just for a few moments when mum had left the building and when we were settling the new children in etc.

Panders, i understand what you are saying but it is an element of my current risk assessments and therefore I feel i should have a policy to cover myself. All staff have had Team Teach training in positive restaining and to be honest we have had to use it with 2 children with ASD/extreme behaviuor and I think I should have something written down as a concrete policy. In the case of the 2 children involved it was a safeguarding issue for the other children and for the child themselves

Yes we've done the early years team teach but not sure how to use that to write a policy but think that we should have one

Is there a special team teach for early years???? Have just done the team teach training yesterday but most of it wasn't applicable to early years.

• Like 1

yes there is dreamgirl, i think its an adpatation of the normal course but definetly specifically aimed at early years. When I booked them to deliver the course our local LEA wouldn't accredit them as they hadn't heard of one with an early years focus so we were out on our own ........... until they decided to attend the second session themselves and then all of a sudden they were accredited.

Edited by max321

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)