Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

'Scary' Stories

Does anyone have any favourite 'scary' stories? Since reading 'The Hairy Toe', my nursery children have been eager for scary stories. I have told the 'dark, dark wood' story, but am struggling to find other suitably scary stories. All suggestions gratefully received! :rolleyes:

I'm coming to get you, by Tony Ross is scarey to start with, ends up fun...............the alien is smaller than the boys shoe..........

Lizzy's Lion, is a silly story about well, Lizzy and her lion! Lizzy had a lion with a big bad roar and she kept him in her bedroom by the wardrobe cupboard door...................one dark night a rotten robber, with a rotten robber mask, sneaked into the bedroom and he didn't even ask............he gets his comeuppance, as lizzys lion sorts him out ( there was robber on the ceiling, there was robber on the rug, there was robber in the lion who was looking rather smug).......you get the picture! The illustrations are odd, but we love the story!

It's an old book, oop, but ebay have some.........a couple at silly prices, a couple at 99p..............

we like 'Beware of the storybook wolves' by Lauren Child, Its about a storybook which comes to life and is a pop up which always captures the childrens attention.

There's one called Shhh! by Sally Grindley where you creep through the book with the children, trying not to wake a sleeping giant - you peep through keyholes to check you haven't been discovered, etc. - it's great fun and the children love it!

Edited by Wolfie

Guest sn0wdr0p

Just had shhhh delivered this morning and it looks lovely. Also delivered Trust me, Jack's Beanstalk Stinks which my older ones will love and it gives a completely different perspective to the tale as this is told by the giant. Also delivered Mixed Up fairy Tales in which the children can -as it says- mix up the fairy tales using this spiral bound book. I love this book.

I have scared innumerable children by reading Shh! I've had them sitting next to me so they cant see the pictures but I've never had a child say dont read it again. Its my all time favourite :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)