Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Workshop for Parents

We run Triple P parenting courses and are just about to start our 4th season of it. We are a school nursery and work with the family support worker at our nearest children's centre who is lovely; she runs the four week course which is preceded by a short introductory session and has two home/phone follow up sessions with each parent who attends. From the feedback we get this has been very successful. We have 13 signed up for the new course. Our head who greatly sees the benefit of the course pays for lunchtime supervisors to run a creche which means that those without extended family to look after babies/toddlers can attend.

Do you have a Children's centre nearby that you can work in partnership with?

Guest sn0wdr0p

I am working with the parent support advisor for the local cluster of primary schools and the children's centre to put on a family links course here for parents of children in our out of school club. We are providing childcare free of charge on a night so parents can attend. I have said I want my staff attending as well so we are all singing from the same songsheet. I can choose who to attend and by gosh I know exactly whose parents I will invite - in the main it's parents of the eight and nine year old boys!!

My early years advisor is impressed and told me to make sure I put it in my SEF as it would impress Ofsted. Typical they came before I did it and I forgot to mention it! Doh!

has anyone else put on a behaviour workshop for parents?

Hi Taffygirl, we hold the family links parenting course and offer behaviour workshops too. Do you plan on holding one yourself?