Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Planning

Can I ask do you record your planning sheet under areas of learning in your outdoor area or by workshop areas

Do you plan an activity outside each day?

Do you plan a resource or activity for each area of learning each day

Thanks

if anyone has any samples of their outdoor planning would they mond sharing them?

Our ey advisor told us to draw a plan of outdoors and showed planned things in each area/zone weekly ....do we do it ? Like hell we don't ! If activities on our main planning sheet are intended specifically for outdoors we just highlight it green, but our outdoor setting up rota ensures that all areas have resources out that cover them....but to be honest children tend to take out what they want or ask for things.

• Like 1

I dont think it would make any difference if we did plan as our children just drag the stuff that is outside, inside and the stuff that is inside, out!! We have a few children at present that are really, really into transporting stuff around.

• Like 1

i have few set areas outside, sand, some kind of water (although we have a water tap which is accessible all the time), reading area, musical instruments and a swing which hangs from the trees and a mark making area

the children take anything else out of the shed as they want to

on a really windy day we may take out the box of scarves and streamers, etc

when its raining we dont set out anything, we just lock up and check the garden and go out, not possible to set up then as stuff gets soaked, hilden ask fo stuff out then, somtimes a naughty fairy has lost the key to the shed and we cant get anything out so they play with what is around amybe just some tarpualine!

Edited by Suer

At the moment, I'm really into blogs - there are some great early years ones out there and photographs of children involved in an activity accompanied by just a bit of writing, are often a better way of illustrating an activity/ idea than just listing resources needed, adult role, etc. It's all about recording the process rather than the end product! :)

I think that's why I keep shying away from studying for a Masters - I like doing the studying but don't fancy having to produce an end-product! :1b

I think that's why I keep shying away from studying for a Masters - I like doing the studying but don't fancy having to produce an end-product! :1b

hehehehe!! ..... throwing your mortarboard cap in the air is motivation enough, no? lol!

Aah just thought then, you like studying/reading etc...... write a book! I'll buy it! x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)