Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Supervision policy

Looks good - the wording is effective but not too official and you cover some main points. I would suggest that maybe you strengthen the children's progress area to add safeguarding or potential safeguarding issues as part of the discussion as this seems to be a key focus of Ofsted and the revised EYFS.

I had a very quick look just a couple of questions. Why do you feel it is necessary to have this as a policy?

If it is a policy and going by the wording on the document should you not have adopted at.... etc, etc by your committee???

Is it something that you envisage giving to staff/volunteers when a supervision is done? Otherwise why

do you have supervisee/supervisors name and signature on it?

None of this is a criticism, just observations and curiosity

I am looking at my policies and it is one of the ones I was going to add. With the new statutory guidance it makes a point of "supervision" so thought it would be one to add in!!

I had a very quick look just a couple of questions. Why do you feel it is necessary to have this as a policy?

If it is a policy and going by the wording on the document should you not have adopted at.... etc, etc by your committee???

Is it something that you envisage giving to staff/volunteers when a supervision is done? Otherwise why

do you have supervisee/supervisors name and signature on it?

None of this is a criticism, just observations and curiosity

Well it's more really information for staff, as we have never had supervision, only apparaisals, i wanted them to feel abit more relaxed about it andk now what it's all about. This is really a copy for them to sign to say they understand and will come along to the sessions. I am going to add it into the policies (adjust slightly) because if I leave the setting or go off on maternity again then there is a policy in place for my replacement to follow or adapt - i've learned from my last maternity leave. And yes i will be running it past the committee but wanted it checked by other professionals first as we have a voluntary committee. Hope that has answered your queries, I was gonna add this last night to the post, but was seeing double!

Thanks

Looks good - the wording is effective but not too official and you cover some main points. I would suggest that maybe you strengthen the children's progress area to add safeguarding or potential safeguarding issues as part of the discussion as this seems to be a key focus of Ofsted and the revised EYFS.

Thanks redjayne - I was thinking the same, I have just added in ;

During the Supervision:

· you can raise any concerns, especially those in relation to children’s development and progress, or well being - including any safeguarding issues. Between us we’ll try to find solutions to address any issues raised;

Just to highlight those issues specifically.

Thanks agin

ALP's

Haven,t been able to view it on ipad, but have been wondering if this would now be an 'expected policy'......but if I giving a policy to staff to add to their policy folders I would take the opportunity to remind them that any concerns they have about safeguarding, or a key child's development should be raised immediately and not feel that they can wait/should wait till a supervision meeting.

Edit....having thought about it for a couple of mins (too early for any more thought) I,m thinking I expect staff to raise anything that worries or concerns them or just suggestions/ideas ASAP so may just give a brief letter saying something alongside the lines of 'formal supervisions will take place half termly/termly.....then why doing them, but adding that even though above mentioned can be discussed at supervisions as already happens I expect them to continue to raise concerns as they arise' ........then forget the policy until someone makes me have one :/