Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Yeah made it to the Christmas holidays

zigzag

Breathing a big sigh of relief tonight..broke up today after a fab music performance yesterday and a great party today. Have had children wilting during the last week and am so glad to be away from all the nasty bugs that are going round at school!! Fingers crossed I can stay healthy through Christmas!! To all of you who have also broken up, have a great holiday and to those who only get a couple of days enjoy them when they arrive. :D ::1a

• Like 1

Ermmm who's idea was it to have an eight week half term, my brain is already in holiday mode hehehe.

Thank goodness I have only 1 'normal' work day i.e. am. But with a phonics training session, carry on with IEP/target assessments oh and of course Christmas dinner. Then in as normal in the morning doing yet more assessment work. Also in for an extra couple of hours to help with buffet lunch and Christmas party on Friday when we break up an hour ealier since we nice people decieded to give up our lunch time to finish at 2:15pm. So roll on Friday 2:15pm and I can get away from all them nasty bugs going around school, however one nasty bug is at home, hehehehe which luckily I had a few weeks ago Phew!

I am feeling the relief of today being our last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 3pm (ish)

I intend to forget ALL ABOUT work for 2 weeks.

This term has been endless with ECERS and OFSTED and a general unease amongst staff regarding our new boss.

We were told last week in a meeting out of the blue, that he was going to be making staff redundant next year!!!! Admin staff had restructuring packages yesterday and the terms didnt appear good. :(

I am in a maintained nursery attached to school in the morning and I manage the private nursery on the same site and afterschool and breakfast club too, and numbers are low due to the economy I think regarding the clubs and birth numbers not being good for this year in nursery.

I fear that the short sighted view may come in to play (closure) and I will be looking for a new job too soon. :(

BUT I am not thinking about that over Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been a bit of a year with cancer and one thing and another and I am going to enjoy this festive season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HO HO HO :ph34r:

Edited by Scarlettangel

I am feeling the relief of today being our last day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on 3pm (ish)

I intend to forget ALL ABOUT work for 2 weeks.

This term has been endless with ECERS and OFSTED and a general unease amongst staff regarding our new boss.

We were told last week in a meeting out of the blue, that he was going to be making staff redundant next year!!!! Admin staff had restructuring packages yesterday and the terms didnt appear good. :(

I am in a maintained nursery attached to school in the morning and I manage the private nursery on the same site and afterschool and breakfast club too, and numbers are low due to the economy I think regarding the clubs and birth numbers not being good for this year in nursery.

I fear that the short sighted view may come in to play (closure) and I will be looking for a new job too soon. :(

BUT I am not thinking about that over Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been a bit of a year with cancer and one thing and another and I am going to enjoy this festive season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HO HO HO :ph34r:

I hope you have a GREAT Christmas, it sounds like you deserve it and I hope you are fit and well now.

Errrrm that wasn't the plan to break up a day early. I'm off work today suffering from my lactose intolerance. That will teach me to have custard with my sponge pudding!!! Oh well at least I now know how little lactose I can have in my diet.

Just can't believe I miss the end of term.

Made it

One Nativity (Tuesday) - tick (just a couple of substitutions for the Innkeeper and Mary and only one puking angel) :rolleyes:

One Xmas party (Today) - tick (a few children off with various lurgies) :rolleyes:

One Xmas Fayre (Today straight after the Xmas party) - tick - trying to raise funds to turn a little plot of grass into an allotment :1b

Home to put up my deccies, put on some carols and try to feel festive - no tick just yet - son has decided that he must have the latest fashion accessory NOROVIRUS :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: Soooo have disinfected, sanitised, bleached, scrubbed and cleaned anything that hasn't moved quick enough - popped in here for a couple of minutes of light relief (having disinfected my keyboard first) am now off for something alcoholic (for preventative medicinal reasons you understand ;) ) and will have another go at the deccies and carols bit.

Best wishes to one and all who have also finished for the Xmas hols (and those poor souls who haven't) - have lovely Christmases and may you have fabulous 2013s.

xx

• Like 3

the end of term today but not the end of the world so thats good. two civilised parties with the little ones and another, which I suspect will not be civilised after this term, party tonight for staff. things are gonna get messy. Happy christmas break everyone