Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early years network to support practitioners

surfer

Hi all- i wonder if anyone has had experience of establishing a formal early years network that provides CPD, networking, sharing of practice etc? We have agood network up and running but want to go about making it more"Official" perhaps so we can tap into some funding and ensure that it has some good sound pedagogy underpinning it etc. Anyone got any ideas what we need to do and how? :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Surfer,

It's a very difficult time to access any funding, I think. Our EYP network in East Sussex, created for all the reasons you've listed, hasn't really survived since funding ran out. I do wish you luck though.....you never know :D

we have learning community groups at the moment run by our LEA we hold them in each others settings so that we can have a nose around. They are sort of funded as the leader is from the ey dept, they are classed as CPD because we have an agenda and a focus for the group. One of the other communities recently put on some training which we could access at a cost of £10. Probably not what you are looking for .

Yes we also hold cluster meetings, as well as Learning Community meetings, these are held in various settings and schools in our area. We generally have a focus for each meeting. Great for sharing good practice and supporting eachother. Not sure about the access to funding though I'm afraid.

In our area, school nursery & reception classes have termly get togethers. They get a 'cluster of schools' and each take it in turns to hold the meetings, it is organised by the LEA team though.

However there's nothing for PVI, when I asked about it they told me to start one with our closest settings but there would be no funding for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)