Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Translation of parents guide to EYFS

ejab

Hi has anyone had any luck in translating the parents guide to EYFS into another language. I have Polish and Russian children at my nursery and during my annual conversation it was a suggested development. I have contacted the founadation years website who produce the standard guide but they say it does not come in other languages which is a bit unhelpful seeing as there are more and more children with EAL. I have searched the web and can't seem to find anything to help. Does anyone know how accurate the translater applications are? Any help would be much appreciated. Spending much too much time on this today - think I'm using it as an excuse - always seem to do this on my admin day go off on wild goose chases!

Hi ejab

When it was the Department for Children, Schools and Families they used to publish a DVD called Playing and Learning Together which came in different languages, but I don't suppose it would be possible to track down a copy anymore! I had a quick look on the department's site, but couldn't find it

In my experience the translator applications aren't very good. I speak Russian and used to work as a translator, if I had more time on my hands I'd offer to translate the guide for you. Trouble is the child would probably be grown up by the time I got round to it :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)