Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspection

We were supposed to have an inspection a few weeks back but our mindies were away so she said she would only be able to give satisfactory. So she is coming 'sometime' this week and I wish we hadn't had so much warning as now she'll be expecting more!!

We're not tidy and I don't have a problem with that. We are clean and safe and that's all that matters. Our current families say part of the reason they chose us was because we are laid back and they don't feel we will constantly be tidying up round the kids - and we're not!!

Sorry rambling, i just had a lump of wood dropped on my head... another story please think of us this week.....

Don't worry Pandamonium: you're confident about the services you offer, and your parents are obviously happy.

Hope your head isn't too sore: it wasn't an over enthusiastic wood worker, was it??

Good luck with your inspection - I'm sure it will be fine!

Maz

Untidy = play (thus learning) in progress.

Tidy = Play finished.

God forbid if children ever "finish" playing :D

Good luck, you are (maybe unwittingly) a true advocate of the unannounced inspection. :D

Happy parents = happy children, should = happy Inspector.

Let us know how you get on.

Peggy

Pandamonium,

Good luck - I'm sure you'll do just fine. :) Tidying up is best left when you have nothing else better to do - and when is that?? Children need to feel they can extend their play without being nagged to tidy up constantly. When I used to do childminding I was like you, clean and safe - tidy? - don't make me laugh! :o

Aw thanks you guys!

Wood was being passed up to dh to put in loft and it slipped out of his hands (or did it...?!!) Our 11 year old laughed while the 2 year old asked 'Mummy OK, need kiss better?' AWWWWW but she did and as she moved back she had my blood on her face EUW! Don't kn ow quite how I stayed upright at that point!

Anyway, thank goodness, the OI came today ( I was dreading a week of waiting in 'in case' and I should be at work setting up our new premises!)

She gave us a GOOD!!! I was ecstatic as I was panicking big time about my lack of organised paperwork etc! She gave us satisfactory on organisation but said it was nearly there and not to worry about it as it was our first inspection. She really wanted to give us outstanding for helping children enjoy and achieve!!!! She didn't as we only have 2 nad under year olds and she said although I am accredited to deliver EYE, all the resources nad plans are sound and we are obviously prepared for it, she hasn't witnessed us with a wide enough age range to warrant outstanding. Even so I was thrilled!

Thanks so much for your positive comments - this one is going up on the wall I love it!

Untidy = play (thus learning) in progress.

Tidy = Play finished.

God forbid if children ever "finish" playing

And I am an advocate of unannounced inspections. I think a setting should be as it is all the time, not improved because an inspector's coming. If your practice is sound, anyone should be able to visit. Our network co-ordinator appears whenever she wants to!

Mega congratulations on your inspection result :o

Despite everything you still came through with my research results and I'm feeling guilty now!

From the way you write it is obvious that what you are doing is so good and I wish you all success for the future.

I too loved the quote (thanks Peggy) and will endeavour to pass it on to as many people as possible.

xD Jane :(

Great news, it is a shame conditions out of your control ( age range) prohibited you from gaining an outstanding, the Inspector should have confidence in her professional judgement to give you what she said you "would" deserve.

Thanks for the feedback on my quote, I just thought it up on the spot, nice to know the ol grey cells are functioning o.k. :D

Peggy

Thanks for the feedback on my quote, I just thought it up on the spot, nice to know the ol grey cells are functioning o.k. :D

Peggy

37360[/snapback]

What would we do without you Peggy? I'm putting that one on my list of good quotes to use at a later date. Hali and I will be racing each other to get it in first! How would you like to be referenced?

Maz

PS How was your first day as a 'hands off' manager, Peggy?

What would we do without you Peggy?  I'm putting that one on my list of good quotes to use at a later date.  Hali and I will be racing each other to get it in first!  How would you like to be referenced?

Maz

PS  How was your first day as a 'hands off' manager, Peggy?

37364[/snapback]

Thanks Maz,

Now that's a question, how to be referenced, maybe Positive Peggy or Leather Lady or G.R.E.A.T. ( Geriatric (over 40), Retired (nearly), Earlyyears, Activist, Teacher (wannabe)

I've kept busy, updating paperwork that I never had time to do before and ignored in the holidays, :o + this morning manager referred a child protection issue to me. (child's 1st day) xD

I feel a bit lost and drawn to pop in for a visit but need to give new manager space to "get on with it".

Thanks for asking.

Peggy

• 4 weeks later...

:o Congratulations xD

Well done on your 'good' grade from Ofsted and on having a great attitude to the inspection

so did you get good for care and good for early years education?

Karen

Edited by KazzE

Good was just for care. She decided not to inspect on early years as I had only been accredited a week or two and wasn't actually delivering any funded sessions yet - she could only have awarded satisfactory because of no children so we left it YAY!

• 7 months later...

I am an adovacae for unannounced too - i think that would be a great idea... i think inspectors should turn up for coffee and check all is well (30 mins max) once a year - and make an appointment to see paperwork, once evert 2/3 years when it is conveinent for us to talk to them... i.e when the children sleep, or in the evening if we are really busy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)