Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lesson Observation Help!

I have my performance management observation on Friday, it was cancelled last week due to a school event but this Friday it's children in need and the children are coming dressed in someting spotty - I can't wait to be observed with a class of 30 Reception children all excited about spotty clothes and buying cakes......

So my head said oh that'll be nice you can do something spotty so I have to now!

I'm going to do numeracy and have been racking my brain, thought about having pudsey bears with numbers on and the children can print spots on, ordering pudseys with numbers.... any other excellent ideas? They abilities range from no number recognition to children working up to 20.

Any amazing ideas for a wow intro? please??????!

Thanks!

Print off minature Pudsey bears in colour if you can and have children write a number between 1 -20 on one side and then stick the same number of dots on the other. I used snowmen for this activity with 3 - 4 year olds and they loved it (although I only did it up to 10, but I am sure it would work just the same). Good Luck!

You could do doubling for your HA. Even you LA might appreciate double 1!

You could use dice or number cards, for children to read and put spots on Pudsey.

I guess your intro will need to depend on your exact LO. Could you use a PC game?

Good luck.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)