Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

yucky playdough colours

Conker

I've finally got the home made model magic tried out. The recipe is here http://www.southerna...odel-magic.html

Cornflour is the same as corn starch and baking soda is bicarbonate of soda.

It is quite strange to make and smells a bit odd so I added a little bit of rosewater (only thing in the cupboard that wasn't coloured). I'll be testing it out in class tomorrow so I'll try to come back and let you know how it works in practice.

Sounds really great Holly - will wait for your 'review'! :1b

OK the homemade model magic works nicely for moulding. It isn't as nice and spring for working with, a bit more like short playdough if that makes sense. I'll report back tomorrow on how it dries but it was pleasant enough to work with. Fingers crossed!

It has dried! Very nicely actually. More like clay dries than model magic but I'm very pleased with it. The sequins that we used to decorate the divas stuck quite well without any help but to give them the finished look I'm going to put a watered down PVA wash on tomorrow.

It has dried! Very nicely actually. More like clay dries than model magic but I'm very pleased with it. The sequins that we used to decorate the divas stuck quite well without any help but to give them the finished look I'm going to put a watered down PVA wash on tomorrow.

Brilliant - thanks for your review holly! :1b