Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Transitions

As part of the EYFS it specifically states that, " ensure plans are In place for transition either to another setting or to Key Stage 1". For pre-school aged children how do you all show as this evidence for your setting? We are based on a school site and regularly liase with reception class at play times.

I have just evidenced how we support this in the partnerships section of our SEF, ie what is in place for the children regarding visits too from reception,the involvement we have with school, requesting information form previous settings as children join us (this then gets put in learning journeys, ofsted could see this if they wanted too), sending a transition sheet via parent if the child moves to a new setting, inviting shared settings to visit and sending copies of progress sheets (again via parent) to shared settings.

....oh i dont feel another policy coming on do i ?

I'm thinking the same thing! All of our children attend just our setting with most moving to the school we are based on site of. I have a form which settings could complete if we had any children attending more than one setting. To provide evidence in the mean time for those moving on to school settings, we don't really have anything in place as of yet. It is usually reflected in the planning from Terms5-6. Although, we do share some playtime with the reception class I suppose we could write this down on the planning in the mean time.

• Like 1

Yes we are passing journals on and will be having meetings nearer the time to discuss transitions. I should write down more discussions I have with the reception teacher as I think this will provide some more evidence.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)