Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Time to pick your brains!! This will be my first year following my NQT year, and I will be running a FS unit. I am going to plan around stories rather than topics - so this half term will be Gildilocks. We will look at different bear stories and real bears too. We will make porridge/try different things in porridge/look at milk and where it comes from. Has anyone anymore wonderful ideas for me? Thanks

hi Chris, exciting times ahead, good luck! :D

Have you thought about making butter, if you buy full cream milk and take off the cream, shaking it in a jar until it eventually coagulates?

Also making bread to put your butter on and linking to harvest and The Little Red Hen. May be a bit tenuous for Goldilocks??

HI Chris

I did something for Goldilocks in Year 2 which I am sure you could adapt for younger children, the kids loved it. Using a laptop I scanned in pictures from Goldilocks in sequence and the children retold the story in their own words over the pictures which I recorded on the laptop. It made a 'movie' with still pictures. I then added a title page with effects (the computer does all this) and an end page saying 'The end' - very original! I did this in iMovie on an Apple Mac, but you can do it in Moviemaker on any Pc that has Windows XP. It sounds complicated, but is SO easy to do if you have access to laptop (or PC with a microphone) and a scanner (or pictures from any search engine on Goldilocks). We put the movie onto a video and the children loved rewatching it too! You could of course do this with any story or the children could even do their own with their own illustrations.

Good luck!

kellsa

Tasting honey. make some toast and spread on some honey, yummy.

Make a long plat from yellow wool and attach to a hair band for Goldilocks role-play.

There is a lovely story called Beware of the Bears - the bears trash a house they believe belongs to Goldilocks but she is just visiting there too, it belongs to Mr Wolf. Lots of PSE.

Songs - When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears

The three bears rap (Musical Express - activities for the foundation stage)

Teddy bear songs (teddy bears' picnic, teddy bear teddy bear turn around)

Bear necessities

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)