Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Handprints on tea towels

Guest terrydoo73

Guest terrydoo73

Last year our big fundraiser just before Christmas was our own produced recipe booklet with the children's group photo on the outside cover. The parents have asked to do something similar this year. We always launch it with a coffee evening and charge for entrance and have various stalls selling jewellery, jam, cards, wooden Christmas ornaments etc.

I was thinking along the lines of a tea towel done with all the children's handprints on it. Has anyone ever done something like this and if so could they recommend a good company to get them printed with? Would you include a group photo of the children or just our name/logo? Roughly how much would it cost to print these and do we have to buy a quantity? Is there a good mark up available?

Also looking for simple ideas of things children could make that we can sell on the night - any ideas?

Last year we raised over £2,000 through our coffee evening so it was a huge success!

We have a summer fair and one class were asked to fill an empty jar. Lots of ideas from parents included filling with sweets, crayons, small toys,-sell for £1 each.

Also decorate a doughnut stall-add icing and variety of toppings!

Balloons fill with cornflour mixture and spoon in-nice and squidgy!

Make playdough with the children in different colours and sell £1 a bag.

Have done tea towel with childrens faces on but was a long time ago..handprints seems like a nice idea!

We did hand print tea-towels about 5 years ago now -was quite a bit of work getting the prints done and sent off and we had to buy something like 100 minimum, but most of them sold and the profit was about £1 a tea towel - you can set your own price. Think we did ours through Baker Ross or one of the educational suppliers maybe GLS ?

Stuart Morris do a wide range of items like this... the PTA I used to help used them and the quality was good...

.minimum numbers stopped us doing it as a preschool, and the sell on cost our parents could not afford... I know they work for some just not for us

as a thought I would also look at the cloth printed bags.. practical and a bonus is the advert when parents use them

Edited by Inge

We did this last year, all the children did a handprint and the schools logo went in the middle. Really easy to do and the parents loved it and it made us about £125 I think. I used a local company in Cornwall, so not sue it would be any use to you but I will dind the name and post it on here just in case.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)