Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Washing lines!

Hi!

I am currently trying to bring as many as the displays as I can down to eye-level for the children. My 3 main boards are quite high so I try to develop them with the children - not only using their work and photos of them but them actually physically helping me to put the pictures etc up and talking about the display as it develops. I had an idea about using the washing-lines - instead of using them to display children's work or number lines etc which are far too high for the children to look at, I was thinking about putting up 'tips and reminders for staff & parents!' e.g. ways of supporting communication and language development - general pointers & examples of open-ended questions, ways of responding to children's mark-making etc. I'm thinking that this will not only emphasise the importance of these things but will also demonstrate our approach to them for parents and other visitors?

What do you think?

What do you use your washing-lines for?

Green Hippo x

I'm pre-school, we have one washing line. On it we hang pictures the children have brought in for us personally, and I too have words of wisdom up there - just reminding staff about open-ended questioning, I have one that says "I don't know, what do you think?", "tell me about" "What would happen if..." that type of thing, have to be careful though, it can turn into wall paper which nobody takes any notice of, so you do have to change things about a bit!

• Like 1

we don't have washing lines :o now think i'm missing out - I too am trying to bring everything down to eye level where possible - our work board displays children entries in recent horticutural show and can easily be unhooked to show them , our wow wall has no names just individual photos of children and they can stand on a long box to view these safely. other posters etc are attached around wall with long string to bring them to their eye level and the same with names cards , velcro on material alogside key person photo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)