Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bears Role Play

Hello everyone,

Our topic is bears. We have a home corner and usually have a second role play area. Any ideas? Not the 3 bears house please as we did it recently and found it a bit too similar to our home corner. Look forward to seeing what you think :o

Our children loved a teddy bears picnic we set up for them - make food from playdough or even have some real food the children can bring their own bear. Make invitations, placemats, party hats.............

When we do Bears our roleplay is 3 Bears Cottage or teddy bears picnic or cave from going on a bear hunt (with torches) or home for the bears they bring in from home. Hope these ideas are useful Gill

Thank you everyone. I seem to be very lacking in imagination here - what do the children do in the bear's cave? I can imagine a lot of running about shrieking.... I think we will do the bear hunt book so a link to that would be good.

a bear cave topic can be found here

hope this helps.

our children had a cave for 4 weeks and still asked for more and gave own ideas too....only 1 day of shrieking.... the day they found a bear!!(see link)

Inge

What about a small role play using the book 'Whatever Next' by Jill Murphy.

I've done this before and put out a box, colander, wellies, toy owl, picnic basket, etc. Could have a 'moon' somewhere on the wall/hanging from ceiling and the background of the role play area could be brick printed paper to represent the chimney.

The children loved it and even drew pictures of their adventures as we left paper and pencils in the area. We found that several children would play together and we ended up putting a second set of equipment out so they could have adventures together :o

Helen

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)