Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Elklan Training

Hi

Has anyone completed the 3 day intensive Elklan training. How was it? Has it been useful in day to day practice?

Thanks

Green Hippo x

I did training over about 6 weeks in the evening!

It did help a little and made us think more about

What we do in practice! An added bonus was It was good to talk to other eyp to exchange ideas!

Edited by Sox

Hi not sure what the 3 day intensive one involves, but I did the 10 week accredited course to become a Communication Champion. I have found it incredibly useful both from the networking with other practitioners, as well as of course introducing the practical aspects learnt into our setting with the staff team.

Hi it looked at the whole communication chain, Receptive and expressive language, language focussed play, you were given a language builders book to support the training too. As part of my portfolio we highlighted children within our setting that did or could do with some early support and introduced language focussed play

times. The course also explored communication difficulties and support systems. Our course was delivered by two fantastic Speech Therapists and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are doing the Accreditation it was quite a lot to fit in to the time frame. Level 3 was equivalent to an A level.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the 10 week elklan course and found it really useful, also because I've studied with elklan the s&l therapist who comes in talks to me as if I know what I'm doing rather than assuming I know nothing about s&l!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)