Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pshe Ideas For Coordinators And Teachers

Hiya - hope it is ok to post this on here but I just want to bring attention to a new forum space being developed for PSHE cordinators and teachers of PSHE from EYFS to secondary teaching.

This site needs people to join up and share their good practice.

Come and have a look.

Hi mentalistically -

We have a policy of not allowing people to promote their own organisations/products/services here, for reasons I explain below. However I'll leave this post up as I can see you have a new resource and this is your first post on the subject. Good luck with it! :1b

Many of the more established FSF members know of our policy, but it might be worth re-explaining it. The policy developed over time, in discussion with the moderators, when we realised that people were joining simply to promote their own resources and websites - and were doing it so enthusiastically that we were occasionally having to wade through reams of propaganda to find real early years posts. We have usually allowed a post or two to remain, especially when a resource looks as though it may become useful to members, as with this PSHE post.

However quite frequently we found that the posts got more and more insistent, so it became necessary to be quite strict about things. We found that the unacceptable self-publicizing of resources fell into three main camps:

1 Someone would join and get settled in, occasionally mention a resource in context and be apparently a full member of the community. Then the posts would begin to refer much more quickly back to their own site, and eventually they would end up just starting new topics advertising their wares with no reference to anything going on in the community - effectively they were just posting to divert traffic back to their own sites. This caused quite a lot of irritation amongst members here even when the resources were free, and more so when they were commercial.

2 The much more unwelcome posts were from people pretending to be satisfied customers of their own product, which is obviously deceitful and can be extremely misleading to FSF members. Although obviously it's slightly less easy to monitor these posts, it's not actually as hard as you might think - in fact on many occasions it's pointed out by suspicious FSF members themselves.

Hope you understand these reasons chaps. As I said earlier, it arose through long and sometimes bitter experiences back in the arcane mists of pre-EYFS time. :1b

Hello Steve,

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I had no intention of promoting any products (I dont have any!!) and posing as a satisfied consumer or filling your website with gumf! I love your site and am grateful that you chose to keep the post.

You can be assured there will be no more!

With thanks

Mentalistically

Gosh! That colour scheme is very 'in your face' isn't it? I don't think I could spent any time on there at all without getting a blinding headache. :(

If you're involved with that forum, mentalistically I hope you'll take that as the constructive criticism intended, however I wish it every success. :1b

Hiya thanks for that - I do have something to do with it and Im struggling to sort it out. It doesnt have that when I look it at it. Thanks for the heads up!

Well it could be something to do with my browser, I guess. I'm on a mac, using Chrome if that helps at all!

I just clicked the link again and all the bright colours have disappeared! Well done!

Whilst I'm in feedback giving mode, I was just having a look around to try to find out who is running the site, where they are based and so on but can't. One of the first things I try to do when I'm in an online environment is find a link to the 'real world'. Helen and Steve have always shown their company's contact details and knowing that I can contact them if I need to is very reassuring. Not that I've ever encountered a problem that a PM to Steve or Sue or Helen couldn't resolve, but even so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)