Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thoughts On Orbit?

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to forum and I do tend to brouse rather than write a thread. However, I have to ask anyone in Foundation Stage if they've ever used Orbit? We have just registered and set up the practioners details but we're wondering about a few things:

1) It says parents can access their child's details by entering their date of birth? I guess they can only see their childs details and pictures etc?

2) If all they have to do is enter a date of birth then surely other parents that come into my class and see the birthday board could put another childs birthdate in?

3) Does anyone else use this forum and what do you think of it?

I've read the 'Tapestry' thread but didn't see this till after we registered on Orbit!

Orbit includes extensive security, particularly around the linkage between provider and parents - it might be worthwhile you contacting them directly!

Panic over we've discovered it needs more than the child's DOB and reading up on Orbit it sounds fantastic. I'd like to hear from others who use this? Thanks for your concern though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this thread - we use it and it's brilliant. The company get back to you really quickly if you have problems and they have a Facebook page you can get updates on and ask questions as well as by email. Traditionally we have struggled to get parents involved in children's learning but already I have got a third of parents registered. It's very secure, as you have now discovered I think :). We use an iPod touch to take photos and make observations and an iPad in the office to do assessments, next steps etc. we also all the the Orbit website and I (as manager) can moderate everything: correct spelling and wording, reassess if necessary etc.

My staff have picked it up really quickly and it saves them time so they are happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)