Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is There Not Going To Be Revised Profiles To Go With The Revised Eyfs?

Hello. I have to say, I like the revised EYFS and do think it is simplified. Last term our Pre-School was using the original EYFS profile sheets to highlight.. Are we not using these at all anymore then as I can't see any revised profiles anywhere? Sorry if i'm being really simple here!

I was referring to the Profiles that we pass on to Reception, yes. I am using the Development Matters statements for planning. So I suppose we just make notes referring to the statements they achieve in their learning journeys instead. Thanks!

I always thought the Profile was completed by teachers at the end of reception, therefore at the end of the EYFS for those children. We only pass on Learning Journeys and a summative assessment when children move on to school.

Last I heard the revised EYFS profiles are still in the pipeline.

Beehive

• Like 1

Ahh I've found some reading about simply assessing if they are above, on or below average instead now.. No more marking through the profile statements (as we used to do). It is starting to become a little clearer than mud now.

The EYFSP will only be used at the end of the childs time in EYFS so is not needed unless you have reception age children nor will it be useable for transition as it is a measure against the ELGs which most children unless really gifted would not be demonstrating as they enter reception.

The information on assessment in the statutory framework describes what it will look like and the ELGs are all available in the documentation to. What is not ready yet is the technical details of how i will be reported to the LA/DfE and what a good outcome will look like such as what % of expected judgements = a secure overall outcome etc. This will be available later in the year.

Cx

If you mean the development matters outcomes booklets then, yes, we have them in Somerset. They have been available to download for a couple of months

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)