Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Daily Forms

laura

I've devised a daily 'what i did today' form for my baby rooms but I wondered what people did with them. I was going to send them home with parents but now I'm thinking that we need a copy to stay a nursery. I really don't want to photocopy them every night... Does anyone use a folder that they send them home in and the parents bring back? or any other good ideas? thanks!

We do the same as Redjayne for those parents who want it but some just prefer verbal feedback. We find that those with small babies who are still bottle fed and are having several sleeps a day need to know all this information, but often those with older babies just want to chat about what they have been doing, if they had a sleep and ate their lunch. Just depends on the parent and also who collects the child.

I think the sheets we use are rubbish its a waste of time really and they give no idea as to what their children have done that day most parents chuck them in bin on way out which tells you something....would love some ideas!!

Our baby room is tricky as there a 24 babies each day.....would love a little home/nursery diary going on but would finding the time to fill out twenty four be possible...staff can be a bit negative too which wouldn't help.....what do you guys think??

Also 2-3's room as they are toilet training etc. they also have these rubbish sheets there's only 12 a day in that room and the staff are really keen to have a nice home/nursery book they've suggested it several times but manager has never give them the go ahead....I go back next week as deputy should I go with their idea which i think is great and let them do it?? I think manager will have a reason why they can't though :(

Oh and Pre-school just have verbal feedbacks daily which all parents are happy with as all info is outside room for them to see.

Thanks for your posts, so we have decided to spiral bind ours to make a book of our sheets, that will go home and come back each session, on the back of each sheet i've made a space for the parents to write any comments from home. Hopefully it'll work! We have two 12 place baby rooms, but as we only open this week we have between 5 and 7 so it'll be fairy manageable to start with while we get in to the swing of using it :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)