Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Starting In September?

Guest Biker

Hi all,

I have been accepted to start my Foundation degree from September.

I will be attending lectures one day a week from late September.Just wondering if anyone else is about to start?

Also do any of you clever people who are already on their journey or completed have any great tips or reccomendations for fab books to start my reading off?

Biker

Hi Biker, i am starting the OU course in October so no lectures as such. mixed feelings about it at the moment, think its pre "going back to studying after far to many years" jitters lol !!

Hi Biker, i am starting the OU course in October so no lectures as such. mixed feelings about it at the moment, think its pre "going back to studying after far to many years" jitters lol !!

I know exactly how you are feeling.I lurch between looking forward to getting started to terror !!!

Biker

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've just started my second year & have applied for my top up year! Really enjoyed year 1 but you do have to put the work into it!! As we speak I have posted a question about 1 of my assignments!! :D

Everyone on here is always very supportive, with regards books it will depend on your modules as each college is different so don't buy anything until you know what you will be covering!!

Kris

• 8 months later...

Hiya im in the process of applying and already panicking whether Im mad to take this on - my life is hectic to say the least but keep reminding myself that this if for ME .... will keep you posted as to what happens next lol

• Like 2

I loved my Foundation Degree, and I'm sure you will too, waveawand!

This thread is a year old - I'm wondering how Biker, lovemyjob and Mollieben have got on. And kristina, you must be finished and ready to embark on your third year now?

• 1 month later...

well done for taking the plunge ! - have been looking into this myself over the past few weeks - how did you finance your course, as my local college fee's are over £4.5k...and the OU is £6k ??. ( unless i read it incorrectly lol ) Thats about my annual earnings !

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just wanted to say have just got my results and have passed with distinction!! :D

Starting my BA top up in September, really enjoyed the course, learnt loads, let me know if you need any help!!

Kristina

Hello,

Well done Kristina on your fab results :-)

I am also starting my top up degree in Sept-very nervous about going back! My course is called 'Integrated working with children and families'.

Just wondering what your course is called? As I think they may have changed slightly. But could depend on area??? Confused

Would appreciate any responces

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sisser

My Ba Hons is Education and Professional Practice!! Have to say yesterday was first day (9 am - 7pm!!), and am already wondering if I am going to be able to do this!!

First module: Professionalism, expertise and accountability in educational contexts :blink: any ideas anyone!! Just the title in layman's terms would be good!!

Kris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)