Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Open University? Starting October

Has anyone here done or starting the open university? I have signed up for E100 and would love some support and advice.

Thanks.

I did my foundation degree with the OU and went on with them to complete my BA(Hons) I graduated in 2010. Some of the courses have been re-written . There are several OU students (past and present) who are members of this great forum.

I personally thoroughly enjoyed my study and made some life long friends along the way. I am not saying it was perfect or that the OU is perfect but any problems I had were quickly and satisfactorily resolved.

I loved the flexibility of OU study - deadlines for TMAs in to be handed in but found jiggling my home/work/study life worked well. I could never have commited to attending a university even on a part time basis.

Good luck with it all you will get support on here but you will also find support on the OU site. Each course has it own forums were you can discuss things with other students.

I did not do my BA Hons with OU, but I am sure you will do well - it is so fantastic to learn more and more, and you will benefit so much - good luck with your study.

I've just finished E100 with OU. I found some parts really interesting and to be honest the hardest part was writing the first tma where I had no idea what was expected in terms of content and language after that as long as you take heed of your tutors advice you'll be fine. I joined a group on facebook where we were all studying e100 and it was great to have support from others when writers block kicked in because you know you're not alone.

I'm sure you'll love it x

I did the Certificate in Early Years, The Foundation Degree in Early Years and the BA Early Years with OU. At times it was hard work but I really enjoyed it. Good luck with your studies.

OU is hard work but so rewarding - make full use of forums, tutor groups (some courses still have them) and you may have a work-place mentor as well so use them to really talk through ideas. I have been mentoring someone for a while and really enjoy our discussions - it only works because we ring-fence time though!! As has been said TMA 1 is the hardest - just finding your depth - no-one expects you to have swallowed a dictionary! Enjoy it.

I have just finished my FDEY (got results yesterday!) with the Open University - and as other posters have said, it is hard work but a great way to study, just need to plan enough time to prepare and write the TMA's in line with their deadlines.

Good luck and have fun!!

Yes i am starting E100 in October and i am very nervous about it. Keep doubting my abilities now and wondering if i am doing the right thing. :huh:

If you've taken the step to enroll you're ready to look at new things, so yes you are doing the right thing and will be fine. Using this forum is great, and the OU forums will support you too. Good luck and enjoy it!

Thanks everyone, it's nice to know I am not alone, I am in one way looking forward to it but also scared for what I am getting myself into.

Hi!

Just to add my bit! I did my FD with OU and as everyone has said, it's hard work ('specially the juggling bit as Gezabel says!) but well worth it :1b .

There will be lots of support here if you want it - I certainly received loads (you know who you are ;) ) and am always ready to help if I can. It's changed since I graduated, but I'm sure the basics are the same.

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)